Mantua Township Fire District
Office of the Fire Marshal Captain Nicholas Lamana
155 E. Union Ave. Sewell, N.J. 08080
PERMITS TYPES AND FEES
Type 1 Permit – $42.00
- The use of a torch or flame-producing device to remove paint from, or seal membrane roofs on, any building or structure;
- The occasional use of any non-residential occupancy other than Use Groups F, H or S for group overnight stays of persons over 2-1/2 years of age, in accordanace with section F-709.0 of the Fire Prevention Code;
- Individual Portable kiosks or displays when erected in a covered mall for a period of less than 90 days, and when not covered by a Type 2 permit;
- The use of any open flame or flame producing device, in connection with any public gathering, for purposes of entertainment, amusement, or recreation;
- Welding and cutting operations except where the welding and cutting is performed in areas approved for welding and is registred as a type B Life Hazard use;
- The possession or use of explosives or blasting agents, other than model rocketry engines regulated under N.J.A.C. 12:194;
- The use of any open flame or flame producing device in connection with the training of non-fire service personnel in fire suppression or extinguishment procedures;
- The occasional use in any building of a multipurpose room, with a maximum permitted occupancy of 100 or more for amusement, entertainment or mercantile type purposes.
- The storage or handling of class I flammable liquids in closed containers of aggregate amounts of more than 10 gallons, but not more than 660 gallons inside a building, or more than 60 gallons, but not more than 660 gallons outside a building.
- The storage or handling of class II or IIIA combustible liquids in closed containers of aggregate amounts of more than 25 gallons, but not more than 660 gallons inside a building, or more than 60 gallons, but not more than 660 gallons outside a building.
- Any permanent cooking operation that requires a suppression system in accordance with N.J.A.C. 5:70-4.7(g) and is not defined as a life hazard use in accordance with N.J.A.C. 5:70-2.4.
- The use as a place of public assembly, for a total of not more than 15 days in a calender year, of a building classified as a commercial farm building under the Uniform Construction Code.
Type 2 Permit $166.00
- Bowling lane resufacing and bowling pin refinishing involving the use and application of flammable liquids or materials;
- Fumigation or thermal insecticide fogging;
- Carnivals and circuses employing mobile structure used for human occupancy;
- The use of a covered mall in any of the following manners:
- Placing or constructin temporary kiosks, display boots, concession equipment or the like in more than 25 percent of the common area of the mall;
- Temporarily using the mall as a place of assembly;
- Using open flame or flame devices;
- Displaying liquid or gas fueled powered equipment; or
- Using liquified petroleum gas, liquefied natural gas, and compressed flammable gas in containers exceeding 5 pound capacity.
- Storage outside of buildings of LP-gas cylinders whan a part of a cylinder exchange program.
Type 3 Permit – $331.00
- Industiral Processing ovens or furnaces operating at approximately atmospheric pressure and temperature not exceeding 1400 degrees Fahrenheit which are heated with oil and gas fuel or which contain flammable vapors from the product being processed;
- Any wrecking yard or junk yard; or
- The storage or discharge of fireworks.
Type 4 Permit – $497.00
- Storage or use at normal temperature and pressure or more than 2000 cubic feet of flammable compressed gas or 6000 cubic feet of non-flammable compressed gas;
- The production or sale of cryogenic liquids; the storage or use of more than 10 gallons of liquid oxygen, flammable cryogenic liquids or cryogenic oxidizers; or the storage of more than 500 gallons of non-flammable, non-toxic, cryogenic liquids;
- The storage, handling, and processing of flammable, combustible, and unstable liquids in closed containers and portable tanks in aggregate amounts of more than 660 gallons;
- To Store or handle (except medicines, beverages, foodstuffs, cosmetics, and other common consumer items, when packaged according to commonly accepted practices):
- More than 55 gallons of corrosive liquids;
- More than 500 pounds of oxidizing materials;
- More than 10 pounds of organic peroxides;
- More than 500 pounds of nitromethane;
- More than 1000 pounds of ammonium nitrate;
- More than one microcurie of radium not contained in a sealed source;
- More than one millicurie of radium or other radiation material in a sealed source or sources;
- Any amount of radioactive material for which the specific license from the Nuclear Regulator Commission is required; or
- More than 10 pounds of flammable solids.
- The melting, casting, heating, treating, machining or grinding of more than 10 pounds of magnesium per working day; or
Type 5 Permit -$1,380.00