The Mantua Township Fire District is currently accepting applications and resumes for the position of Career Firefighter with the minimum starting salary of $38,000.00 on a 24/48 rotating schedule. The application can be downloaded from the Fire District website (www.mtfd22.com/application). The application and resume accompanied by a $35.00 check or money order made out to the Mantua Township Fire District must be submitted to the District Chief at 155 E. Union Avenue Sewell, NJ in a sealed envelope by Monday, April 15, 2019 at 1800 hours. The Mantua Township Fire District reserves the right to limit the number of candidates invited to continue the selection process after the applications are reviewed, as well as during subsequent testing.
The following are the minimum qualifications required for anyone interested in applying for the position of Career Firefighter in Mantua Township:
- Must possess a Firefighter 1 Certification, Vehicle Extrication 1 Certification, Rapid Intervention Operations Certification and IMS Level-1 Certification
- Must be at least 18 years of age and must be hired on or before their 35th birthday, or have prior service
- A citizen of the United States and a resident of New Jersey at time of appointment and reside within three miles of Mantua Township Boundaries within two years of employment.
- Have a valid unrestricted New Jersey driver’s license at time of appointment
- Possess a high school diploma or GED
- Submit to a Physical Test
- Submit to an oral interview
- Pass medical, psychological examination and drug screen
- Pass a background investigation
- Be of good moral character and never convicted of a crime or of any criminal offense involving moral turpitude or dishonesty
- After being potentially hired must complete a year as a Probationary Firefighter
Special Consideration will be given to applicants that possess the following certifications:
- Fire Inspector, Fire Investigator
- New Jersey EMT
- Engineer/Operator Training
- Fire Instructor Training
- Incident Command/Fire Officer Training
All applicants must provide a valid email address and all correspondents will be conducted via email. Applicants who meet the minimum requirements will be advised of the second phase of the hiring process.
Mantua Township Fire District is an Equal Opportunity Employer