On Tuesday, January 11, 2022 at 0315 hours Mantua Fire District and Mutual Aide Companies were dispatched to the 500 block of Lestershire Drive for a reported dwelling fire. Squad 2211 arrived to find a single family dwelling with smoke showing from the garage. Crews stretched a hand line and found an active fire in the garage, which was quickly extinguished and held to the room of origin.
Fortunately the smoke detectors in the home activated, alerted the occupants and saved them, their pets, and their home from a disaster. Smoke Detectors Save Lives.